The North Carolina Local Government Budget Association (NCLGBA) is a professional organization of people interested in the exchange of knowledge for individuals concerned with budget and evaluation responsibilities of local government.
The Association’s main goals are as follows:
- To strengthen communications and provide opportunities for professional growth and development through the exchange of ideas
- To investigate, study, discuss, and recommend improvements in the application of budget and evaluation methods
- To collect, compile, and distribute pertinent information about the administration of budget responsibilities
- To promote, sponsor, or conduct training and education programs through the participation in Association sponsored events and meetings
Reference Documents (PDF)
The NCLGBA Constitution and By-Laws were updated, in a unanimous vote of the membership present, during the Winter 2017 Budget Conference on December 14, 2017. Highlights of the proposed changes include:
- Elimination of the associate membership distinction and combining it with active membership. Current membership categories are active, student, and retiree.
- Addition of a Marketing Coordinator to the NCLGBA Board of Directors. This position will serve a one-year term and be eligible to be elected to an additional two one-year terms and will be responsible for the association’s web site, social media accounts, and other communications to the membership.
- Cleaning up language for consistency across the by-laws and constitution.
The new versions are available through the links above.
If you have questions about these changes, please contact a member of the NCLGBA Board.