Closing: January 28, 2019
Hiring Range: $46,654 – $55,984 annually
The purpose of this position is to administer grant-related and general fund accounting and financial procedures for the Office of Economic and Workforce Development. This is accomplished by interpreting federal and state regulations and City policies; managing accounting expenditure activity; initiating, managing and monitoring grant funded purchases; overseeing invoice procedures; managing property inventory; reviewing and executing contracts and amendments to ensure contractual compliance; developing and executing grant logistics; performing financial monitoring of contractors’ records; and handling other duties that include but are not limited to preparing journal entries and maintaining financial records for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts difficult special or general review of accounting records and reports and verifying the correct application of accounting principles. Analyzes, reconciles, prepares, and enters journals for accounts, generates spreadsheets to audit general ledger, reviews documentation assessing for completeness and accuracy, prepares electronic copies and backup documentation to attach to journals.
- Plans and develops charts of accounts, procedures, and systems for preparing fiscal reports and for maintaining special fund or special project control accounting records; and studies and recommends revisions in existing accounting forms and procedures.
- Responsible for formulating, monitoring and reporting for the department’s federal, state, local and private grants and contracts related to Workforce Development.
- Prepares and reviews contracts for conformance and compliance.
- Develops and monitors budgets and requisite reporting.
- Prepares documentation to support monthly federal drawdowns and salary allocations.
- Maintains required grant reports and documents.
- Monitors inventory.
- Conducts monitoring visits of contractors and file reviews.
- Prepares reports for Workforce Development Board.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- 2 or more years in Accounting work
- Experience with MUNIS and Federal/State grants strongly preferred