Closing: April 8, 2018
Salary Range: $28,241-$37,655 annually
This recruitment will fill two positions for an Accounting Specialist.The candidate(s) in this position will be responsible for Accounts Payable duties which include, but are not limited to, processing vendor invoices for payment using a three way matching system, answering a multi-line telephone to respond to vendor and citizen inquiries, entering and indexing utility invoices, setting up and maintaining accounts payable vendor files, assisting with Unclaimed Property (escheat) and 1099-Miscellaneous filings, open and distribute mail as well as greet and assist visitors entering the area. Qualified candidates must have strong customer service skills, be detail oriented with good analytical skills, be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. This job is Non-Exempt and is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- High School Diploma /G.E.D.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Associates degree OR college level business courses (coursework verification upon request)
- Experience in Lawson Financial Systems
- Microsoft Office experience
- Experience with 1099 processing
- Experience with operating multiple telephone lines
- Ten key calculator by touch experience
- Previous experience/working knowledge in the application of NC sales tax