Closing: 9/23/21 11:59pm EST
Hiring Range: $51,416 – $55,613 annually
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates department fiscal activities that may include budget development and budget administration; compiles data and performs basic analyses; and coordinates contract processing/administration and/or procurement activities
- Conducts basic research, maintains statistics, performs basic analysis and/or statistical calculations and formulates preliminary recommendations
- As assigned, serves as a lead worker, assigning work and monitoring work completion or serves as a supervisor including conducting performance evaluations, coordinating training, and implementing hiring, discipline and termination procedures.
- Provides logistical support for politically sensitive and high-visibility programs and events, including programs and events involving the city council; serves as escalation point for resolving customer services issues/inquiries; ensures follow up communication and quality assurance.
- Gathers and compiles data; extracts information from data systems; drafts reports from others notes or own research; prepares documents, reports, presentations, confidential correspondence and policy/procedure manuals.
- Serves as lead user for specialized databases and software systems; participates in database and/or software testing; coordinates workflow and implements improvements to processes.
- Provides general administrative support to the city’s top executives including receiving and processing calls, visitors and correspondence; calendaring; records management; customer service; mail processing; quality assurance and follow-up.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in business or related field
- Three years of advanced administrative support experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with Data Analysis
- Intermediate experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with Timekeeping
- Intermediate experience with MS Excel
- Experience with MUNIS