Closing: 10/16/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Hiring Range: $55,466 – $73,186 annually
The purpose of this position is to oversee the Administrative Division of the Parks and Recreation Department.
Provide leadership to the Administrative Division. Train and develop staff to carry out their responsibilities according to the Town’s policy and standard operating procedures. Serve as a member of the department’s management team. Provide complex administrative support to Director and Assistant Director. Monitor Department’s FMLA and Worker’s Comp cases.
- Financial resources of the division including assisting with preparation of the department’s budget and direct oversight of administrative division budget;
- Contract development and review, accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Development and implementation of Departmental policies and procedures; participates in developing department goals and objectives
- Establishment of administrative systems and processes for the department
- In person and on-line program registration, pass sales, facility booking and refund processing for the department; Fee Reduction program
- Program registration software (currently RecTrac) administration and training;
- Personnel actions from recruitment to retirement, payroll and provides benefit information;
- Marketing and sponsorship program, including department website development and social media utilization;
- Data management including employee, registration, sponsorship and other departmental data for reporting and decision-making purposes. Develops data reports as requested.
- Administrative and clerical duties in support of the department;
- Training and safety program;
- Volunteer and internship program;
- Support to Town Advisory Boards, committees and internal and external customers;
- Management of special projects;
- Performs other duties as required.
This position supervises the Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator, Administrative Coordinator, and two Administrative Assistants and other positions as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Town and department policies and procedures
- Relevant state laws, and town ordinances
- Accounting principles and practices
- Budgeting practices and internal financial control procedures
- Principles, practices and trends of human resource management
- Computerized financial management practices and procedures
- Grant requirements
- Marketing principles and practices
- Interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Analyze complex and confidential issues and draw logical conclusions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and supervisors
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Solve problems and make sound decisions
- Models behaviors that are consistent with our values of RESPECT
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, public administration, finance, accounting or a related field.
Experience: Five years of experience in Parks and Recreation or in a related field that includes at least two years of supervisory experience and at least one year of experience in budget preparation and financial analysis.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Possession of or the ability to obtain a valid NC driver’s license.