Each year, NCLGBA offers students of MPA programs in North Carolina with an interest in local budgeting an opportunity to apply for “scholarships” to one of our conferences. The deadline for applications is April 9th.
- You are an active student and in good standing in one of the programs listed above.
- You have an interest in working for local government in North Carolina or the region.
- You are within two calendar years of completing a Master’s level program (at the time of application).
- Up to four recipients will receive two nights’ hotel accommodations and covered registration fees for either the Summer (July) or Winter (December) NCLGBA Conference. Dates and locations vary year to year so please visit http://www.nclgba.org for the most current information.
- Recipients must use the scholarship at one of the two conferences in the year awarded.
- Recipients will be recognized at the Summer Conference.
How will the current students of public administration impact North Carolina’s future?
Essay reviewers will rank submissions based on several factors including: clarity, grammar, and overall writing skills. References to budget innovation are encouraged. Written communication is critical to our profession and this exercise will reward excellent writing.
Click Here for a Scholarship Application. Applications may be submitted from March 9 through midnight April 9. Submit your application via email to email@example.com with the words NCLGBA Scholarship Program in the Subject line. There is a maximum of one (1) application and essay submission allowed per student.
From NCLGBA Board Member Matt Brinkley:
One of the many benefits to students that attend the conferences is the potential to network with local government officials. Students will also hear from an excellent slate of presenters about all kinds of issues and opportunities that North Carolina local governments are dealing with right now.
Please help us to get the word out & we look forward to seeing your students at one of our upcoming conferences!