Closing: August 26, 2018
Hiring Range: $58,400 – $76,650 annually
Mecklenburg County has an opening for an Assistant to the County Manager. This position is responsible for providing complex, professional level administrative support, research assistance, or public relations for the Assistant County Manager. Incumbents research public policy issues, coordinate special projects, assist the public with requests for information regarding County operations or programs. Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Provides administrative and professional support to the Assistant County Manager
- Leads Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance efforts.
- Consults departments with risk identification, risk assessment, and development of departmental risk management plan (RMP)
- Develops (with Legal) and manages the annual compliance work plan
- Facilitates communication and strategic planning across the various divisions in the Financial Services Department.
- Collects and analyzes performance data for the internal system as well as performance data generated for the evaluation of Fiscal Control Compliance Officers
- Works on special projects as assigned including the preparation of presentation materials for the Board of County Commissioners, the preparation of training materials, and research projects on best practices in the field of public finance and governmental accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong creative and critical thinking, self-starter
- Ability to work with initiative and independence
- Strong data analysis and report writing skills
- Strong understanding of legal, safety, and business concepts.
- Experience with methods, principles, and techniques associated with research, data collection, report writing with data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise discretion with sensitive documents and requests.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, or a related field and five years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.