Closing: Open until filled
Hiring Range: $50,407 – $61,327 annually
The Community Development Department promotes thriving, livable neighborhoods in Durham. We work with lenders, developers, builders, community organizations and residents to enhance the quality and availability of affordable housing. We empower low-income and first-time home buyers to secure and remain in housing. Our talented, creative and committed staff make this happen. If you share our commitment to quality affordable housing, collaborative work and serving our community, join our team!
The Associate Contracts and Compliance Analyst is part of the Contracts and Compliance Team within the City of Durham’s Community Development Department (CDD). The position reports to the Contracts and Compliance Manager. The Associate Contracts and Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Compliance Team with database entry and maintenance and providing logistical and administrative support for contracting and monitoring of City- and Federal-funded projects, developers and subrecipients, specifically related to affordable housing development. Responsibilities include: entering contracts into City database for execution, maintaining and monitoring list of open contracts and monitoring requirements; managing the process for contract review and execution requests; scheduling and logistics of monitoring visits and follow-up; reviews of internal project files; and data entry into various HUD compliance systems.
- Enters contract documents into MUNIS and OnBase for execution; updates insurance certificates associated with open contracts.
- Works with the department’s Planning and Performance Team to maintain an open contracts database and monitor contract expenditures to determine monitoring, closeout and contract amendment needs based upon contract requirements.
- Manages the log of requested contracts for review and execution. Works with the Contracts & Compliance Manager, Administrator and City Attorney to ensure contracts are reviewed and entered into system in timely manner. Sets up files for contracts once executed and works with Project Manager to set up contract start-up meetings.
- Supports Contracts & Compliance Manager and Contracts & Compliance Administrator with scheduling and logistics of contract and rental monitoring. May also prepare draft reports based on notes from Manager and Administrator.
- Reviews internal project files for compliance.
- Enters data into various HUD compliance systems such as the HUD Environmental Review Online System (HEROS) and Section 3 Performance and Evaluation and Registry System (SPEARS).
- Provides administrative support to the Contracts and Compliance Team as needed.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Associate’s degree in business administration or field related to assignment,
- Three years of experience related to assignment
- Valid NC Class “C” Driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
Additional Preferred Skills
- Strong background in database entry and maintenance;
- Strong background using Excel for reports and data tracking;
- Experience in word processing;
- Experience in project management; and
- Understanding of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requirements and regulations for HUD funding programs, including knowledge of HOME, CDBG, ESG and HOPWA guidelines.