Closing: 10/25/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Salary: $45,470 annually
Under limited supervision, this position will perform analysis and complex administrative work in the planning, coordination and preparing of the County’s annual operating and capital budgets. This role will be responsible for assisting with compilation and reporting of the Alamance County Capital Plan along with helping to forecast revenues and expenditure projections.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data submitted for inclusion in the operating budget.
- Responsible for compiling, reviewing and analyzing data submitted for inclusion in the Capital Improvement Plan.
- Analyzes and reviews budget expenditures and revenue estimates in order to ensure compliance with relevant laws and policies.
- Provides guidance to departments on budget issues; responds to department questions and inquiries regarding budget issues.
- Assists departments to link budget requests with strategic initiatives and performance metrics.
- Assists with various research and analysis projects; researching issues and preparing reports of findings and recommendations.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Within this role the expectation is the Budget Analyst will perform all duties above and others as assigned and trained in a prudent and sensible manner, following established County policies and procedures.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical – Ability to analyze statistical data, keep accurate records and complete reports.
- Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Confidentiality, Ability to maintain confidential information secret or private.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful, maintain high level of confidentiality and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Independent Discretion – Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when needed to ensure successful department functioning
- Integrity – Being forthright, honest and respectful within interactions with coworkers and members of the public at all times, building and reinforcing confidence within daily actions for county government.
- Judgment – Ability to use good judgment and discretion as it relates to interpreting policies and procedures.
- Multitasker – Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Prioritization – Ability to decipher the relative importance or urgency of tasks and duties.
- Safety-Minded – Creating a safe work environment; managing risks; reducing exposure liabilities.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Skills & Abilities:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for experience.
- One to three years of administrative experience preferably in governmental accounting and budget analysis experience, and/or auditing experience. Prior knowledge of the Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act.
Computer Skills: Prior experience with Microsoft Windows suites of products, Proficient in typing accurately and fast paced. Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Prior experience with Tyler Munis, preferred
License/Credentials: Possession of a valid NC driver’s license and the ability to maintain a safe driving history as defined by Alamance County policy.