Closing: Open until filled
Starting Salary: $43,524 annually
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs complex administrative work in the coordination of the County’s annual budget. Conducts research on a variety of subjects and prepares research reports including complex statistical analysis. Researches grant opportunities for County projects and submission of funding proposals and assists with administration of grants awarded to the County; Assists the Budget Manager and department heads with budget preparation; assists departments with development and integration of departmental missions, goals and objectives into the County performance management program; performs related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision. Reports to the Budget Manager.
- Basic knowledge of the Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act, and laws and regulations as applied to human services, economic development and housing, and law enforcement
- General knowledge of local government budgeting procedures, the principles of research, analysis and evaluation, and public administration
- Proficiency with office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint in order to prepare reports, perform analyses and conduct presentations
- Ability to gather, assemble and analyze data, provide clear reports on findings and recommendations
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a motor vehicle; possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to attend work regularly
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, or related field, and one to three (1-3) years’ experience in administration, research and analysis the public sector. A Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field is preferred and may be substituted for experience.