Closing: July 24, 2020
Hiring Range: $52,824 – $67,917 annually
The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting for a Budget and Evaluation Analyst to perform complex research and analytical duties in the preparation, communication and execution of the City’s operating and capital improvement budgets, financial planning, financial evaluation of programs, and special research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the annual budget process, including conferring with assigned departments in the preparation of their expenditure budget requests; analyzing funding requests; preparing expenditure projections; preparing revenue projections; coordinating and reviewing entry of requests in the financial system; preparing reports and budget summaries; attending budget meetings; preparing and reviewing assigned sections of the budget document; assisting with responses to budget inquiries.
- Participate in the development of the capital improvement and information technology plans, including the review of project submissions for accuracy; assisting with the development of a funding plan.
- Monitor and analyze revenues and expenditures for alignment with adopted operating budgets; consult with departments and Finance to develop corrective measures as necessary; evaluate budget revision requests; advise departments and executive management on requests for supplemental appropriations.
- Assist departments with ad hoc analysis reviews, budgetary questions and reporting.
- Prepare budget, special revenue and capital project ordinances and amendments for submission in the Council agenda, including preparation of associated Council action memoranda; maintain ordinance log and book; prepare journal entries to record budget ordinance amendments; coordinate implementation of special revenue and capital project fund ordinance actions with Finance department staff.
- Participate in the evaluation of service delivery plans, including combining quantitative and qualitative data to study fees for services, cost effectiveness of programs and process improvement studies.
- Provide confirmation of budgeted expenditures as required for Finance department pre-audit of contracts.
- Compose, compile, prepare, review and present various reports, correspondence and documents of findings and results; maintain related records and files.
- Assist with provision of budget process and practices training for staff in other departments.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the department; identify resource needs; recommend policies and procedures.
Four years increasingly responsible experience in public administration, business administration, financial administration, or a related field, with prior governmental budgeting experience preferred.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business, public administration or a related field.