Closing: October 29, 2019
Salary: $51,913 – $62,295 annually
Duties and Responsibilities
The Budget and Management Analyst will perform varied and complex professional work within a team environment in the evaluation and management of City resources. The Analyst will evaluate departmental performance measures and budget requests, research and prepare management, productivity, and operations studies, recommend improvements to methods and systems of operations and evaluate revenue and expenditure trends. The Analyst will independently lead projects involving staff from multiple departments and, in some cases, community representatives. This individual must have strong written and verbal communication skills; assignments will include written analysis and evaluations for City Council, executive staff and public review, along with periodic public presentations. This individual must be able to maintain effective working relationships and facilitate diverse groups in decision-making processes.
This job is Exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field with 1 year experience in public sector program analysis and/or management
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- 1-3 years experience in public sector program analysis and/or management
- Professional work experience in local or state government budget or program development or analysis, management or service delivery
- Professional work experience facilitating/managing 1-year processes