Closing: 11/17/2021 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $50,836 – $81,337 annually
Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the town’s budget and assists the public information office in communicating town information to the general public. Please attach a sample presentation and 2-3 writing samples such as email, memorandums, or any other work you feel is relevant to this position. First review of applications will be November 3, 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties are representative of this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists in coordinating the development of the town’s operating and capital budgets.
- Analyzes and evaluates departmental budget requests and makes associated recommendations to town management.
- Develops and performs revenue and expenditure year-end estimates and projections.
- Develops, formats, and produces an annual budget document.
- Reviews, analyzes, and monitors the town’s operating budget by conducting monthly reviews of departmental revenues and expenditures.
- Leads analytical studies and special projects and provides recommendations and feedback as requested.
- Develops budget transfers and amendments to the budget ordinance.
- Assists the public information office with drafting news releases, updating website content, monitoring social media, and other communication needs that arise.
- Assists with strategic plan development and implementation.
- Provides ongoing assistance to departments and responds in a knowledgeable, courteous, and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Education and Experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field and three years of experience in financial management, preferably in local government, and experience in budgeting; or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licensure, Certification, and Specialized Training: A valid driver’s license and the availability of private transportation or the ability to provide transportation between job sites is required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines.
- Must be able to perform light work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force occasionally to move objects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate a computer, do extensive reading and analyze data.
- Involves sedentary work with sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for periods of time.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they believe they are unable to perform every task on a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. The town will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. Hiring salary will be dependent on qualifications. A competitive benefits package is provided.