Closing: July 24, 2020
Hiring Range: $63,523 – $72,404 annually
Performs advanced professional analysis in the review, evaluation and administration of the County’s overall operations. Conducts studies, prepares and presents senior management level reports providing sufficient detail to support organizational and departmental long-term planning, problem-solving and management actions. Provides professional support in the form of advanced analytical, communication and coordination to the County Departments. Conducts, administers and monitors grant administration with experience in fiscal management of federal, state and local grant awards. Work is performed under general supervision of the Budget and Performance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead program/process improvement projects, including researching best practices, conducting fact-finding reviews, developing and analyzing alternatives, preparing reports and presenting findings and recommendations to implement sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements in order to increase productivity, reduce costs and safeguard County assets.
- Review all grants for compliance with grant documents and all reporting/reimbursement requirements. Assist departments with seeking grant opportunities and grant approvals from application to award including approval by Board of Commissioners.
- Support the facilitation of decision-making and issue resolution as required with a broad array of department leaders from across the County.
- Review and test County policies and procedures to update in a timely manner.
- Perform special projects by utilizing evaluation processes and systems to extract data; ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Conduct evaluations of various programs and services and assist with tracking the effectiveness of process improvements.
- Interact with County departments by corresponding with supervisors and providing feedback and best practice recommendations.
- Facilitate change by encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Attend meetings of departments and managerial staff.
- Make presentations to the executive staff and Board on assigned projects.
- Perform related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A successful candidate will have the ability to problem-solve and analyze complex processes, operations and data; demonstrate the ability to think and communicate strategically with exceptional analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy; ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in written format with all levels of staff and management; strong ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media including presentations to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message; demonstrate the ability to facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of staff and management; ability to work across multiple County departments; demonstrate the ability to take initiative including taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive; experience planning and managing strategic initiatives; proven program and project management skills and experience; demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; ability to work independently with minimal supervision; perform complex research. Considerable knowledge of accounting, financial management, budgeting and of laws and regulations pertaining to government, including knowledge of federal, state and local grant law and grant administration with experience in grant writing.
Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, public administration or related field with a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role. Master’s in Public Administration degree and experience in local government is strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.