Closing: 10/31/2021 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $75,379 – $116,875 annually
The Town of Garner is seeking a Budget Manager to be responsible for budget preparation, financial and operational analysis, strategic planning and project management. This position provides additional leadership and time on various budgetary, financial, process improvement, and efficiency enhancement matters. We anticipate the Budget Manager will supervise a new Budget Analyst position. Work will be performed under general supervision of the Assistant Town Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as senior advisor to Town Manager, Assistant Town Managers, Department Heads and Town Council on matters of policy, procedure and process;
- Manages the annual development of the Town’s multi-year planning efforts including the development of the Town’s five-year operating budget, Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and comprehensive five-year affordability model.
- Oversees activities and operations related to implementing the Town’s operating budget and CIP; reviews the Town’s fiscal health and monitors the status of capital projects to make necessary funding adjustments; works with departments to identify operational efficiencies to reduce funding requirements; provides direction to division staff and provides oversight for the production of budget documents;
- Oversees all financial activities associated with the Town’s bond program including financial analysis and reporting. Coordinates with project managers and senior staff on project reporting and management.
- Serves as Town-wide lead for the development of the Strategic Plan including working with Town Council and management to establish long term goals and the development of metrics to track the Town’s performance at meeting these goals.
- Supervises a budget analyst tasked with performing advanced technical analysis and making decisions about Town policies, procedures and processes;
- Serves as Town-wide lead responding to issues of critical importance including responsibility for managing and coordinating the responses of staff in agencies from across the town;
- Coordinates and directs ongoing process improvement initiatives within the town;
- Makes presentations and/or supervises the presentation of analysis and recommendations to the Town Council, citizen groups, and senior management and provides responses to inquiries from citizens, press and others.
Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field. A Master’s Degree in Public Administration or related field is strongly preferred. Applicants must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in public sector budget or program analysis and/or management.
The salary range shown is the full salary range for the position. The starting salary will be determined based on the selected candidates’ skills and qualifications. Equal Opportunity Employer