Closing: July 10, 2017
Salary Range: $36,899-$46,134 annually
Provide assistance to the Budget Director and other Budget staff with the development and maintenance of the City’s annual budget by assisting with ongoing analysis, training, reporting, system maintenance, and Council agenda items. Other duties include being a liaison to the budget office, checking invoices for accuracy, processing payments, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Manage day-to-day administrative operations of the Budget Office to include screening and referring callers, maintaining calendars, scheduling budget related appointments for city-wide stakeholders, locates and provides information to stakeholders, maintains the department filing system, types, prints, and distributes departmental correspondence, makes travel arrangements, orders supplies, distributes mail and maintains records and filing system.
- Coordinate accounting functions for department by properly coding invoices for payment, posting to ledger, reviewing expenditure reports, creating expense analysis, and processes payroll for personnel.
- Assist Senior Budget Analysts with data gathering, analysis, development and implementation of city-wide budgets, proposals, policies, procedures, contracts and operations throughout the city as it pertains to the Budget and Research Office
- Coordinate preparation of the financial system budget module and GMBA accounts to include system maintenance, security authorizations, worksheet development, report running, budget entry preparation, salary projections, and position control
- Assist with the preparation, data collection and presentation of research projects (emphasis on survey research) and prepares templates for written and oral reports
- Assist in developing and analyzing departmental performance measures, as well as city-wide strategic plan outcomes by compiling and interpreting data and coordinating data gathering with city-wide staff.
- Conduct and run canned data queries for city-wide staff using the financial system.
- Assist with departmental budget items and filter questions from stakeholders interpreting the financial data presented in the financial system, adopted budget publication, city strategic plan etc.
- Assist management in development and recommendations of major policies, procedure, services and projects.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Budget Instructions Manual, Internal Budget Process Manual, Appropriations log, GFOA award, submitted budget documentation.
- Assist in the production of the budget document and budget information on the web to include layout recommendations, proofing, supplemental information and other explanatory information.
- Other duties may include preparing or planning special projects, serving on various committees, and assisting other departments with various duties.
Education: Associates degree or higher in business administration, public administration or closely related field.
Experience: At least three (3) years of full-time administrative experience, with a preference directly related to governmental budget development and analysis or related experience in finance or accounting.
At least two (2) years of customer service experience with multiple stakeholders.
Valid Driver’s License. Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Applied knowledge of financial systems, HTE preferred.