Closing: April 24, 2020
Hiring Range: $70,510 – $126,920 annually
Wake County Budget and Management Services (BMS) seeks an ERP Budget System Manager to support our Budgeting module and its integration with Human Resources and Finance modules. The ERP Budget System Manager collaborates with BMS staff, other ERP system managers and administrators, technical team leaders, and vendor Managed Services staff to support the operational needs of the ERP Budget Module – CGI Performance Budgeting. The position executes the daily operations of the budget system administration, support, and maintenance. In addition, the position is responsible for promoting defined budget processes and best practices by providing needed system access, training, overall support and coordination assistance to other County departments. The role will provide a high level of technical and functional expertise in the management and configuration of the application, internal modules and reporting tools. The position is fully responsible for the management of the budget application and all associated activities, in support of Budget and Management Services activities and objectives and the ERP overall.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job may include the following job duties and is not an all-inclusive list of all job duties that may be required. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide overall system maintenance and data integrity for budget system components, which includes forms, consolidations, dimensions, applications, queries, reports, workflow, security access, audit functions and associated configurations, within the context and objectives of annual budget development processes
- Serve on leadership and technical teams to understand enterprise wide topics and adjacencies; elevate budget module issues, goals and initiatives and solve cross-system issues; participate in ERP user community; explore and research enhancements and understand impacts
- Maintain the budget module Chart of Account accounting string information in conjunction with the Finance Department
- Perform application system analysis towards continuing improvements to automated processes where applicable; work closely with department users and Budget and Management Services team members to understand and evaluate ongoing business needs to recommend potential system changes
- Oversee and execute system upgrades
- Provide departmental training on County budget system processes, budget system uses, and maintain related documentation; provide general customer service regarding user issues and questions
- Provide high level functional expertise to configure and execute Wake’s baseline reports and collaborate with business intelligence resources to develop custom reports
- Manage interfaces between HR, Finance and Budget modules in coordination with fellow Advantage system managers; gather requirements, determine methods for interfacing, test interfaces and transition interfaces into production
- Manage development of annual budget document work products, manage vendor contract and relationship, and coordinate with Director and other Budget and Management Services staff members
- Validate system generated data in testing reports, user data issues and budget document tables
- Maintain written documentation of all processes and procedures related to various job functions, i.e. configurations, forms, applications, budget document generation, and user profile, i.e. system administrator, BMS user, Department User, technical liaison
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues, at times in an iterative fashion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision; become a subject matter expert
- Ability to prioritize and change priorities as needed with minimal notice
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions
- Ability to build a strong understanding of how configuration and/or changes within the application affect downstream processes
- Ability to listen to symptom descriptions, analyze problems, respond effectively and provide constructive feedback to the client on problem resolution
- Ability to train and guide others to develop new skills or knowledge; and design, develop and/or deliver training programs
- Ability to communicate information in a manner suited to the needs of the audience, either verbally or in writing to ensure understanding
- Ability to build and maintain ongoing, collaborative working relationships with coworkers to achieve our goals
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of experience as a System Analyst or Administrator. Equivalent education or experience is accepted.
Two years of industry experience, which includes knowledge of enterprise-level budget, finance, or planning tools and related reporting environments. Recent experience working in ERP with Finance, HR/Payroll, Budget modules. Proficiency with MS Excel and SQL queries. Project management experience.