Closing: March 28, 2018
Salary Range: $60,382-$99,652 annually
The Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services Youth and Family Services Division (YFS) is seeking a Business Manager. This position supports the Division Director with the management of the Division’s performance measurement, strategic planning, and budget/financial activities.
- Oversees the Youth & Family Services budget development and execution efforts to reflect the division’s priorities.
- Oversees procurement and contracting procedures and processes.
- Develops and supervises a staff of approximately 6 people across several teams (data, eligibility, medical records/redaction and clerical support)
- Performs needs assessments and analyzing the effectiveness of service delivery and revenue maximization
- Completes monthly and quarterly reports for internal and external stakeholders as required
- Leads special projects as assigned by the department director.
- Reviews, interprets, and makes recommendations on policies and strategies to maximize state and federal revenue
- Serves as a liaison, both internally and externally.
Experience: Four years of progressively responsible experience related to the area of assignment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a public administration, business administration or a related field. Prefer Master’s degree in public administration, business administration or related to area of assignment.
Equivalent Experience for Education Accepted? Yes
Licenses and Certifications: Valid NC or SC driver’s license and the ability to obtain and maintain a County Operator Permit.
Previous local government experience preferred
Knowledge of operations of a public child welfare program preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, budgeting, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Formal Presentation – Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Building Partnerships – Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.