Closing: 2/4/2021 11:59 PM EST
Hiring Range: $59,046 – $73,807 annually
The Transportation Department plans, builds, and maintains a safe and vibrant multi-modal transportation network that supports safety, mobility, and environmental sustainability to provide a superior quality of life for our residents, businesses, and visitors. If you’re interested in helping bring innovative, community-focused transportation solutions to our community while growing in your career, come to Durham!
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Business Services Administrator provides key financial management functions for the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- (UPWP), which governs work programs for the expenditure of Federal Highway Administration and Federal Transit Administration planning funds.
- Developing a portfolio of FHWA and FTA grants and administering the application, reimbursement, and reporting processes.
- Coordinating the process for member governments to request funding and reimbursement
- Preparing and managing contracts.
- Developing and monitoring budgets.
- Performing financial functions such as budget transfers, journal entries, and requisition entries
- Reviewing agenda item submittals for City Council meetings.
- Assisting with development of the Metropolitan Transportation Plan and Transportation Improvement Program.
- Tracking emerging legislative and policy issues that may impact federal, state and local funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Public Policy, Accounting, Transportation, Planning, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Five years (5) of professional experience in grant administration, budget/financial administration, transportation, planning, or related field.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- A Master’s degree.
- Familiarity with provisions of the Federal transportation funding guidelines.