Closing: 11/6/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Salary Range: $42,373 – $65,247 annually
The Transportation Department plans, builds, and maintains a safe and vibrant multi-modal transportation network that supports safety, mobility, and environmental sustainability to provide a superior quality of life for our residents, businesses, and visitors. If you’re interested in helping bring innovative, community-focused transportation solutions to our community while growing in your career, come to Durham!
The purpose of this position is to lead support for the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) Unified Planning Work Program UPWP), Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grant management, CMAQ funding oversight, financial program management and grant administration activities, including but not limited to providing accounting/fiscal program management as well as MPO budget monitoring; preparing and managing grants and contracts; monitoring requisitions, purchase order receiving reports and preparation of invoices; development of work programs; preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports; funding oversight, compliance and monitoring; calls for projects and competitive funding sub-allocation. This is accomplished by administration of funding and fiscal management, reviewing & filing necessary financial and narrative compliance reports, funding and financial oversight, preparing reports and invoices, compilation of supporting documentation, preparation of progress/expenditure reports and work plan narratives/description, interfacing with staff in facilitating grant applications, coordinating and overseeing member agency reports and invoices, staying abreast of major federal, state and local funding and legislative policy issues and development strategic,and long range financial plans, State, regional and local funding and revenue planning activities. The position requires a self-starter who possess an excellent written and oral communication skills, and work well with minimum supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides lead staff support for the development of the work programs and administration of grants and funding;
- Coordinates the annual funding requests from member governments;
- Manages compliance and oversight of Federally mandated reporting requirements;
- Administers and manages sub-recipient reimbursement requests for funds;
- Assists in the development of the Metropolitan Transportation Plan and Transportation Improvement Program fiscally constraint plans and performance programming;
- Prepares of oral and written reports/policy procedures and committees’ agendas;
- Performs funding and program oversight, including compliance and monitoring process;
- Performs FTA TRAMS and ECHO draw downs as well NC DOT Partner’s Connect activities;
- Develops and monitoring of UPWP work program, including invoicing and expenditure/progress reports;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual invoices/reports; miscellaneous journal entries; and analyzes encumbrances;
- Oversees the development, administration and monitoring of federal and State financial and grant programs, including but not limited to program management of funds, STP-DA, CMAQ, Transportation alternatives, FTA 5303, 5307, 5310, 5339, etc;
- Responsible for AP/AR, JEs , requisition processing for grants;
- Prepares final data and analysis to support grant budget preparation, close-out project ordinance, budget transfer, etc.;
- Performs financial accounting and fiscal management for the MPO;
- Generates Munis reports;
- Position may supervise interns and/or sub-professionals.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Public Policy, Accounting, Transportation Planning or directly related field.
- Five years (5) of professional experience in UPWP, grant/fiscal administration or related field.
- Valid North Carolina Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record or obtain within 60 days of hire.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience in TRAMS, ECHO, Partner’s Connect ad Enterprise financial system.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.