Closing: July 23, 2019
Hiring Range: $47,902 – $64,000 annually
The City of Raleigh is seeking a full-time Business Systems Analyst within the Budget and Management Services Department. This is a professional, technology position working to support the users of the City’s suite of budgeting and financial applications and enterprise systems.
This Analyst reports to the Business Systems Manager and will work independently on a variety of assignments and high-level objectives. Some projects and tasks include report development, complex excel analysis, process mapping, system configuration, online form development and customer support. This role will also work with the City’s ERP Center of Excellence on major system and application projects, upgrades and implementations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides analysis and technical support in reviewing and maintaining assigned system applications; reviews and analyzes trends; recommends best practices to enhance productivity.
- Identifies, assesses and documents business processes and requirements in collaboration with staff, management and stakeholders; prioritizes user requests; serves as a liaison and assists in planning and facilitating the improvement and/or the design and implementation of system applications and technology solutions.
- Performs quality assurance testing of new or revised technology solutions; identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots and documents issues or deficiencies; provides recommendations for improvements and issue resolution.
- Reviews and maintains assigned processes and applications; enters, updates and maintains data, system tables, account information, operational reference materials, budget/purchasing information, and/or other related documentation.
- Creates and maintains reports, charts, process/procedural documentation, correspondence and presentation materials.
- Provides training in support of assigned applications and processes; develops training materials to assist users in operational performance and enhanced productivity.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Principles and practices of business process analysis and documentation.
- Principles and applications of critical thinking and analysis.
- Best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
- Project management principles.
- Modern budget practices.
- Customer service principles.
- Principles and techniques of effective oral presentations.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology (advanced Excel analysis a plus).
- Budget planning software systems and analytical tools (PeopleSoft and/or Hyperion a plus).
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Developing and maintaining business process documentation.
- Providing analysis of processes and systems and defining business requirements.
- Prioritizing and managing processes and project activities.
- Gathering data, analyzing findings and applying logic and reason.
- Researching industry trends, solutions and best practices.
- Interpreting, monitoring and reporting data and statistics.
- Authoring and preparing original reports, technical documents and resource materials.
- Organizing and maintaining documentation, data, records and files.
- Developing and providing training and supporting education materials.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Working effectively under pressure, with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or related field and one year of business systems analysis experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.