Closing: 9/12/2021 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000 annually
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise in analyzing data and performing research and analysis in support of departmental programs to help the Town make data-driven decisions.
Effective August 09, 2021, the Town will require either proof of vaccination for all employees or weekly testing of employees who have not verified their vaccination. FLSA : Exempt, Flexible work arrangements and work from home are at the discretion of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts evaluative analyses of a variety of department program areas including but not limited to policy, procedures, objectives, cost effectiveness, and staff utilization.
- Conducts research and applies statistical and data analysis techniques to develop or modify program objectives and operations; utilizes an equity lens in data collection, analysis, and presentation and related factors.
- Leads analysis and business intelligence projects that provide insights and recommendations to improve the Town’s service delivery.
- Leads collaborative projects, measures service performance, and uses relevant business intelligence, analysis, and statistics software.
- Facilitates the Analytics Team, a cross-functional team which is tasked with solving problems, which span multiple departments or internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with various research and analysis projects; identifies insights and findings; evaluates alternative solutions; develops practical and actionable recommendations; follows up on tasks to a resolution.
- Develops and monitors internal and public performance dashboards.
- Writes memorandums and reports that describe analytical findings and recommendations and/or makes presentations of findings to decision makers.
- Creates and maintains various tools for effective data communication.
- Guides the Town through the development of the annual business plan process.
- Works with departments in the development and management of performance measures and benchmarks that support the Town’s strategic goals.
- Serve as an analytical resource to staff in other Town departments.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of data collection and analysis and research methodology utilizing statistical methods.
- Relevant federal and state laws
- Relevant town ordinances, policies, and procedures
- Data collection and manipulation techniques
- Experience with data systems and structures of various sizes and complexities, including relational databases
- Techniques for dealing with the Town staff, representatives of other agencies, organizations, and the public and resolving problems tactfully and effectively.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, integrity, resourcefulness, accuracy, thoroughness and the physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position, while maintaining an ethical standard of care.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers
- Communicate complex information effectively both orally and in writing, with diverse audiences of all technical ability and training.
- Think creatively; be willing to explore multiple avenues to achieve desired results
- Be a curious and creative problem solver that asks a lot of questions and seeks new innovative approaches to solve them
- Collect, analyze and compare data; ability to enter and retrieve data using relevant programs and systems and skill in conducting research.
- Deliver quality work that can be relied on because it is objective and accurate
- Conduct studies utilizing statistical and spreadsheet software programs.
- Use a personal computer and various word processing and database software applications
- Work independently and in small and large team environments
- Model behaviors that are consistent with our value of RESPECT
Physical Demands: The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk with intermittent standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
Work Environment: The work is typically performed in an office environment.
Minimum Qualifications: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Business, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or a related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Three – five years of experience in data analysis.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: A valid NC driver’s and the availability of private transportation or the ability to provide transportation between job sites is required.