Closing: Open until filled
Salary Range: $102,544 – $159,702 annually
The City is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Financial Services Director, who is a highly responsible senior level professional position which performs accounting, financial, and administrative work assisting the Director in the planning, organizing, and operation of the Financial Services Department. The Deputy Director position requires a high degree of independence and initiative, performed under general supervision, as well as supervisory responsibilities for 16 professional, technical, and clerical personnel.
Performs difficult professional and administrative work assisting in the planning, organizing, and operation of the Financial Services Department; does related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision. Supervision is exercised over subordinate professional, technical, and clerical personnel.
- Assists the Financial Services Director in the establishment of goals and objectives for the department and coordinates work of the department to achieve the goals and objectives;
- Helps prepare the department’s budget and monitors the expenditure of funds;
- Directs the scheduling, coordination, and completion of the City’s annual financial report on a timely basis;
- Directs the accounting staff in the preparation of financial statements;
- Supervises the completion of schedules and work papers for the annual audit;
- Assists the Financial Services Director in the development of financing mechanisms for the City; directs the preparation of all debt schedules for the City or any additional debt information required by the general public, officials or the rating agencies;
- Assists the City Manager’s office with the prioritizing, scheduling, and funding of all City projects;
- Provides the accounting for various departments for specialized programs such as the motor pool, the self-insurance funds, the golf course, and the cemetery.
- Directs the work efforts of the accounting staff in the analysis of the General Ledger accounts;
- Prepares the reporting and cash flow estimates for all capital projects;
- Oversees the completion of the Capital Improvement element of the City’s Comprehensive Plan;
- Provides the financing mechanism and demonstrates the financial feasibility of the plan;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of general laws and administrative policies governing municipal financial practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and budgeting in government; ability to evaluate complex financial systems and efficiently formulate and install accounting methods, procedures, forms and records; ability to prepare informative financial reports; ability to plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the work of subordinate employees; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials and associates.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting or business administration and nine (9) years of experience in public financial services administration.
Certifications/Professional Licenses: Certified Public Accountant.
Special Requirements: Possession of a valid State of Florida Class “E” driver’s license with no more than six (6) points in a three (3) year period.
To be considered, visit www.srnsearch.com to view information on how to apply. Questions regarding this recruitment may be directed to Ms. S. Renée Narloch, S. Renée Narloch & Associates, email@example.com or (850) 391-0000.
Starting salary will be competitive depending on qualifications; the City has an excellent benefits package.
Post-Offer Background Requirements:
The background check process for this position may include:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Reference Checks
- Motor Vehicles Report (MVR) Check
- Certification/License Verification