Closing: 1/22/21 11:59pm EST
Hiring Range: $58,650 – $92,166 annually
The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting for a ERP Business Systems Analyst to support the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation, provide end user support, testing, training, and complex business analysis. Consult with appropriate staff and subject matter experts on financial reporting, business analysis, technical requirements, preparation of system integrations, and testing and implementation of modules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand City, State, and organizational (GASB, GAAP) requirements for business practices and financial reporting.
- Collaborate closely with IT, HRD, Budget, Internal Audit, Project Managers, external support, and other ERP users to implement ERP modules for assigned area.
- Identify high-level business and information system requirements; analyze, document and recommend business process design based on work processes and operational controls by participating in projects to gather requirements, define goals, design, configure, test and implement ERP related applications and workflows.
- Lead all activities related to process mapping, workflows, and financial reports; identify, diagnose, and design technical processes required to ensure effective controls and that meet the needs of the department.
- Continually evaluate business processes and workflows, policies and procedures and provide recommendations for automation into the City’s ERP application and input into improving system controls, reliability, and performance with a focus on error reduction and achieving operational efficiencies.
- Prepare complex financial reports which cross reference multiple modules and tables to meet the needs of the department such as financial statements including the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, vendor/spending analysis, payroll and other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve ERP related application issues, determine appropriate actions, discuss actions with stakeholders, implement, review and test approved activities for desired outcomes.
- Test and implement software updates, new system functionality, report development, and queries.
- Document process changes and communicate effectively with users and vendors; create training documents and facilitate training sessions for end users.
- Participate in change management activities.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of increasingly responsible experience in analyzing, implementing and supporting ERP Application Systems. Experience with Financials, Procurement and Human Capital Management modules is preferred.
Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Management Information Systems, or closely related field.
Preferred Licensing & Certifications: Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA); Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA); Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma certification.
From the time of closing, the selection process is anticipated to last approximately 4 – 6 weeks. The process will consist of a panel interview with the selected candidate being subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background check and driving history check.