Closing: March 21, 2019
Hiring Range: $48,400 – $52,000 annually
The Town of Liberty is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as the Town’s next Finance/Human Resources Director. Liberty is a charming, inviting and friendly rural Town in the Piedmont region convenient to larger cities, full of historical charm with a growing population of over 2,650.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will perform professional and administrative work planning, organizing and directing the financial activities of the Town, including, but not limited to:
- supervision of utility accounts, tax collections, customer service, accounts payable and receivable and payroll;
- disbursement and accounting of municipal funds;
- preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- works with the manager and department heads in preparation and administration of operating and capital budgets;
- manages receipt and investment of all Town revenues;
- assist auditors during annual audit and preparation of financial statements;
- reports to the governing body regarding the financial condition of the Town and prepares budget amendments;
- assist with grant administration.
This position is also responsible for oversight of the employee benefit plans and maintaining personnel records and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of North Carolina General Statutes and ordinances governing municipal financial practices and procedures including municipal accounting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of purchasing and budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to evaluate complex financial systems, formulate and install accounting methods, procedures, forms and records and skill in the use of spreadsheets for tracking and analysis.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or directly related field and a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in a local government setting some supervisory experience preferred.
Certified Local Government Finance Officer or Certified Public Accountant preferred.