Closing: November 2, 2018
Salary Range: $87,281 – $139,650 annually
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered essential for an employee to perform.
- Identify, develop, and implement systems to enhance financial operations. Develop and revise policies to ensure compliance with changing laws and statutes and technology updates to provide exemplary customer service.
- Manage engagements to provide financial information to key stakeholders, including Departments. (i.e., coordinate external audit of County funds for presentation of audit report to the Board of Commissioners and Federal/State agencies).
- Ensure compliance with NC General Statutes governing Local Government Finance, including the review and approval of financial documents and reports.
- Supervise Finance staff, leading the interview and hiring process. Direct staff development, ensuring the right person is completing the right task at the right time.
- Engage senior management and Board of Commissioners in strategic planning regarding financial activity to build capacity, advising on financial matters and sources of financing for capital projects.
- Coordinate the provision of reports detailing financial activity and status, including revenue and expenditure projections, to facilitate decision making for the Financial and Management Services Director, County Manager, and Board of Commissioners.
- Oversee the investment of County funds and proceeds from issuance of debt instruments.
- Issue County debt in coordination with bond attorney, County Attorney, financial advisors, underwriters, Local Government Commission, Financial and Management Services Director, County Manager, and trustee.
- Engage service providers for auditing, banking, arbitrage calculations, cost allocation and other professional services.
- Evaluate financing methods and execute the bid process for vehicles, equipment, and real estate.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience is required. CPA status is required. Please verify as to this status on application. Experience in local government finance is preferred. A Master’s Degree in a related field and local government finance officer a plus. The candidate must have a strong computer and calculator skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word. Tyler Technologies Munis experience is helpful. General knowledge of various office equipment is required. The candidate selected must undergo and pass a drug screening test prior to employment. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time; ability to lift and carry boxes of mail and packages.