Closing: 11/21/2021 11:59pm EST
Hiring Range: $68,120 – $81,432 annually
The Town of Cary is recruiting for a collaborative, innovative and passionate Financial Strategy Analyst. Cary is focused on creating “The Local Government That Doesn’t Exist” by exceeding standards for how municipalities should operate. We embody excellence and professionalism by demonstrating leading practices and partnering effectively with our community.
We are looking for a budget and analysis professional to help us build on our legacy of excellence while recognizing there is always room for growth and innovation. High-performing candidates who are adaptive, ready to engage in problem solving, dare to think differently, have the technical skills to deliver, and want to make a difference in their community are encouraged to apply.
Our Financial Strategy Analysts work collaboratively with team members both within Finance and around the organization. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Financial Analysis Manager. We anticipate the hiring salary to be $68,120 – $81,432.
- Conduct high-level, analytical work independently and in a team environment across all departments with limited daily supervisory direction.
- Collaborate in a fast paced, evolving environment. Manage daily variety of tasks. Adapt to change through continuous learning and empower others by sharing knowledge.
- Perform responsible, professional work involving budget preparation, financial and operational analysis, internal project management, process improvement and data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Forecast revenues, expenses and fund balance and manage modeling and data analytic tools to project and/or report on property tax rate, utility rates, debt and more.
- Analyze current and historical trends and develop dashboards to improve forecasting accuracy and visibility.
- Prepare modern budget documents in accordance with state law and organizational preference.
- Draft and/or edit staff reports directed to Town Council.
- Prepare PowerPoint and/or other such presentations directed to a variety of audiences including internal, Council and citizens.
- Complete special studies and analytical projects for a wide range of internal and external audiences. Materials should be concisely written, well-organized and include meaningful charts and graphs effectively depicting information to a variety of users.
- Maintain outstanding working relationships throughout the organization to facilitate collaboration and successful budget preparation, communication and execution.
- Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A “self-starter” mentality, pay exceptional attention to details, and strong financial modeling and problem-solving skills.
- Limitless curiosity and a growth-mindset driving you to learn more, experiment more and continuously evolve.
- The ability to be an effective partner with strong oral and written communication skills who successfully collaborates across departments.
- The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to turn financial data into relevant insights that support sound decisions.
- A strong foundation in Excel, PowerBI and Office365
- Demonstrated drive for continuous process improvement.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities with competing deadlines.
At least 3 years of relevant experience in public finance or budget administration is preferred. Significant experience in complex financial reporting, budgeting and/or accounting. A master’s degree in public or business administration may be substituted for some experience.
Requires drug testing and background check (which may include criminal history check, motor vehicle records check, education verification and credit history review) and satisfactory reference checks prior to employment. Requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for all new Town of Cary employees. The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as required by law.