Closing: 8/30/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Salary Range: $60,458 – $85,000 annually
The purpose of this position is to act as the systems administrator for the Town’s financial reporting software system.
The Financial Systems Manager will serve as the hands-on expert of financial technology, interfaces, data extracts and reporting for the Town’s financial, document management and related information systems, ensuring optimal reporting, performance, and workflow. This individual will manage installations, upgrades, and other projects related to financial systems. Additionally, the role is responsible for maintaining user accounts and roles, providing user support, training users and creating business reports from MUNIS.
Responsible for financial systems and data warehouse creation, maintenance and administration. This person will work with Technology Solutions, third party vendors, and technical support teams and the business units to ensure that the reliability and performance of all financial systems are maximized.
Meets with system owners, decision makers, and end users to define business financial operations requirements, goals, and to identify and resolve issues.
Creates, deploys and maintains technical requirements, project planning, system designs, and documentation of processes, backups, updates and improvements.
Leads implementation decisions, develops cost-benefit analysis and return on investment business cases supported by detailed scope of work definition, deliverables, timeframes, and methodology.
Improves business and financial processes and operations by leading and collaborating in the design planning, development, and deployment of enhancements to existing financial systems and new applications.
Develops, deploys and maintains financial reporting, consolidation, modeling tools, and dashboards.
Ensures PCI compliance standards by maintaining certifications and self-assessments.
Serves as the local administrator for the Town’s online payment gateways.
Acts as the “web steward” for Business Management by creating/updating bid notices on the Town’s website, creating/updating Business Management related web pages and uploading department documents to the Town intranet.
An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SQL, Tableau, Access, or similar Business Intelligence tools.
- Ability to translate business functions into database and design concepts for the evaluation of available software.
- Knowledge of modern technologies and ability to relate them to financial applications.
- Federal and state regulations related to PCI compliance
- Relevant town ordinances, policies and procedures
- EDP audit standards and best practices
- Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and to work effectively as a team player
- Plan, organize, coordinate, meet deadlines and follow up with attention to detail
- Model behaviors that are consistent with our values of RESPECT
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, computer science, or business related field.
Experience: Minimum of three years combined successful experience in financial software implementation or upgrades, system administration, maintenance and support. Progressive experience in financial systems (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll/Human Resources, Cash Management, Credit Card Processing, Financial Planning & Analysis).