Closing: 7/21/2021 4:59pm EST
Hiring Range: $65,784 – $78,940 annually
Performs professional, technical, and administrative work ensuring the reliable performance and optimum usage of the Town’s financial and business management systems. This position will coordinate a variety of complex duties in the alignment and application of technology to financial and business processes meant to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of organizational performance. This includes but is not limited to the administration of system parameters, permissions, data security and integrity, integration and process alignment, functional user profiles and workflows, specialized reports, and administration of billing systems. Considerable knowledge and understanding of governmental accounting principles, procedures and financial enterprise resources planning systems is required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Finance Director and requires independent judgement and discretion in the performance of duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides front-end support and administration of financial and business management systems (i.e., Munis Financials, Munis HR-Payroll, ExecuTime, Employee Self-Service and other business systems) ensuring reliable and effective usage of critical system tools.
- Evaluates and maintains optimal workflows and alignment of financial and business processes with system automation, user profiles and permissions, access and system integrity, and reports.
- Coordinates with IT department and system vendor support in the implementation of new systems and/or upgrades through effective evaluating, planning, configurations, data migrations, testing, production and organization training and distribution.
- Develops and implements a centralized accounts receivable billing and collections system for automated processing various service-based user fees.
- Consults with subject matter experts internally and externally in the development and extractions of specialized data requests, reporting, and other business analysis needs in order to streamline processes and test internal controls.
- Serves as the centralized contact for financial and business systems support team, triaging to resolve or coordinate other critical support; analyzes trends and common problems to proactively assess, diagnose and implement viable solutions or address end-user training needs.
- Facilitates and leads service issues with system vendor support teams to ensure the appropriate service level support necessary to remediate both routine and escalated service issues.
- Administers the effective processing of accounts receivables an established best practice and in accordance to defined billing cycle(s).
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures to provide efficient departmental operation, accountability, and system/process compliance.
- Coordinates functional user support and training needs, documenting critical processes, and creating user resource tools.
- Ensures PCI compliance standards and serves as local administrator for the Town’s on-line payment gateways for the ERP system.
- Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Considerable knowledge and understanding of governmental accounting principles, procedures and system administration experience with financial enterprise resources planning systems is required. Knowledge of database systems, financial systems, and document management systems. Considerable knowledge of various software to support application environments. Skill in the use of computers and software such as Munis (Financials and HR/Payroll), Microsoft Office Suite, etc. Ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently. Ability to evaluate information and make effective recommendations to develop solutions to requests and problems. Ability to develop technology and its application for Finance, Human Resources, and other users. Ability to analyze and interpret complex technical data and data challenges. Demonstrated skills in customer service and problem solving. Ability to deal effectively with the public in a tactful and effective manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred. May consider degree in Computer Information Systems with combined accounting experience. May possess an Associate’s degree with related coursework required. Bachelor’s degree preferred; 2-4 years’ experience in financial systems administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Munis Financials, Munis HR/Payroll including ExecuTime and Employee Self-Service software experience required. Billing and collection experience is preferred.