Closing: Open until filled
Salary Range: $49,670 – $75,296 annually
The City of Virginia Beach Office of Performance & Accountability is seeking to hire two performance and accountability analysts to work with department directors and other City stakeholders with the common goal of achieving organizational excellence and City Council’s vision, mission, and strategic initiatives for the City of Virginia Beach.
- Assist in consultations with organizational leaders, department directors, and key stakeholders on how best to measure success.
- Assist departments with the development, analysis, and use of performance measures and related reporting.
- Assist with collecting, preparing, analyzing, synthesizing, reconciling, and translating performance measures, benchmarking, and related data (qualitative and quantitative) into strategic recommendations and action plans.
- Perform in-depth research and analysis, including the review of available datasets to analyze ways to enhance City operations and effectiveness. Develop data visualizations using Microsoft products such as Excel and Microsoft BI.
- Assist with the development and management of complex and significant strategic planning projects, including the City of Virginia Beach Strategic Plan and departmental performance plans.
- Prepare materials for and participate in performance review (“stat”) sessions. The position has a very visible role in stat sessions.
- Assist with the development and delivery of classroom training and small team coaching related to performance measures, strategic planning, process improvement, and related management techniques.
- Assist with survey design and analysis of survey data.
- Perform a variety of complex, diverse, and advanced level professional and technical duties in support of the City’s performance management, strategic planning, process improvement efforts.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Data Analytics, Business Administration, or related field plus two (2) years of related experience data analytics, performance management, strategic planning, or process improvement; or any combination of related education and experience equivalent to six (6) years. Must have a current and valid driver’s license. Special Requirements: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies. The incumbent of this position may also work long hours, including some nights and weekends. Responsibilities may include travel at times.
- Experience using data to identify areas for improvement and develop recommendations.
- Experience facilitating solution implementation in non-line authority role.
- Public speaking experience.
- Statistical reporting and analysis experience.
- Experience with survey design and analysis of information gathered.
Attachments Required: Resume and Cover Letter
The interview process will include a presentation and case exercise.
This posting will be Open-Until-Filled; however, a first review of candidate submissions will be completed by September 27, 2021 and weekly thereafter. Applications submitted on/after that date will only be considered if the candidate pool needs to be expanded or additional vacancies become available.
- Please complete the application in its entirety. The application is the primary required document used to screen qualifications and years of experience. A resume does not replace a completed application. Fields on the application left blank, including but not limited to job duties, dates of employment, and hours worked, may cause your application to be incomplete.
- You will not be able to access the details of this job ad once the closing date has passed. If you would like to retain this information, please take a screen shot or print using your browser’s printing capability.
- Your responses to any “Supplemental Questions”, if attached to this requisition, must be supported by the information you give us in the work experience section of this application. Be sure you are thorough in describing your skills and duties as you complete the work experience section. If the information cannot be verified you will not receive credit.
- Please provide a copy of any certifications or related professional licenses.
VRS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.