Closing: Open until filled, with first review of applications starting 10/15/21
Salary Range: $60,528 – $91,748 annually
The City of Virginia Beach Office of Performance & Accountability is seeking to hire a Performance and Accountability Supervisor to work with the Chief Performance Officer, City Manager, department directors and other City stakeholders with the common goal of achieving organizational excellence and City Council’s vision, mission, and strategic initiatives for the City of Virginia Beach.
- Supervise four Accountability and Performance Analysts who have stat, strategic planning, data analysis, and process improvement within their portfolios.
- Lead assigned Stat meetings alongside the City Manager.
- Review direct reports’ materials and deliverables for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ensure follow-up on action items identified in performance review sessions.
- Coordinate assignments for stats and departmental support for strategy, data, and process improvement efforts.
- Identify opportunities for advanced analytics that support the priorities of the administration.
- Perform and oversee in-depth research and analysis, including the review of available datasets to analyze ways to enhance City operations and effectiveness.
- Oversee the collection and assessment of data for strategic planning, performance management, and process improvement
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Data Analytics, Business Administration, or related field plus six (6) years of related experience data analytics, performance management, strategic planning, or process improvement; or any combination of related education and experience equivalent to ten (10) years. Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
Special Requirements: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies. The incumbent of this position may also work long hours, including some nights and weekends. Responsibilities may include travel at times.
- Experience using data to identify areas for improvement and develop recommendations.
- Experience facilitating solution implementation in non-line authority role.
- Public speaking experience.
- Experience presenting to elected officials and/or senior leadership.
- Statistical reporting and analysis experience.
- Experience developing, refining, and managing strategy, process improvement, or data analysis efforts to advance organizational goals.
- Supervisory experience.
This posting will be Open-Until-Filled; however, a first review of candidate submissions will be completed by October 15, 2021 and weekly thereafter. Applications submitted on/after that date will only be considered if the candidate pool needs to be expanded or additional vacancies become available.
- Please complete the application in its entirety. The application is the primary required document used to screen qualifications and years of experience. A resume does not replace a completed application. Fields on the application left blank, including but not limited to job duties, dates of employment, and hours worked, may cause your application to be incomplete.
- You will not be able to access the details of this job ad once the closing date has passed. If you would like to retain this information, please take a screen shot or print using your browser’s printing capability.
- Your responses to any “Supplemental Questions”, if attached to this requisition, must be supported by the information you give us in the work experience section of this application. Be sure you are thorough in describing your skills and duties as you complete the work experience section. If the information cannot be verified you will not receive credit.
- Please provide a copy of any certifications or related professional licenses.