Closing: August 30, 2019
Salary Range: $42,473 – $65,832 annually
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Manage the purchasing of Public Health Department medical, office, and equipment supplies. Utilize past usage data to project future needs. Receive and distribute purchased items. Resolve problems and concerns with vendors if a product shipment is not fulfilled or correct.
- Identify sources of supply and obtain competitive pricing and required bids for items and services, documenting competitive price quotations and applicable bids form vendors. Prepare and issue bid documents. Analyze quotes, bids, and data received to determine bidder’s and vendor’s responsiveness to requirements.
- Review and manage purchase orders to ensure that orders are properly completed, verify sufficient funds are budgeted to purchase requested items and ensure proper budget coding. Provide departmental assistance in the development and evaluation of purchases and compliance with any grant or program requirements.
- Prepare, manage, and process purchasing and contractual agreements including service agreements following all County purchasing policies and procedures. Interpret and research purchasing and bidding laws, statutes, regulations, and policies. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendor representatives and staff personnel.
- Generate data reports and update purchasing tracking spreadsheets. Review, verify and track 340B vaccine purchases. Interpret and follow Uniform Guidance policy and procedures when purchasing medical, office, and/or equipment supplies in which Federal funds are used.
- Prepare and enter the purchasing invoices in the County Finance system for payment.
- Assist Human Resource Representative with personnel records and contract maintenance and assist Accounting Techs as needed.
- As needed, assist in preparedness and emergency response activities in situations that threaten the public’s health (i.e. disease outbreaks, natural disasters, etc.)
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
- Two years of purchasing or accounting field experience with direct procurement responsibility or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of purchasing laws, rules, and regulations pertinent to local government preferred.