Closing: 8/19/2021 11:59pm EST
Hiring Range: $48,819 – $63,500 annually
The Raleigh Convention & Performing Arts Complex invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Procurement Analyst. This class is the third level in a six-level Procurement Series devoted to providing inventory and warehousing functions and professional procurement and contract administration services to the City. Incumbents provide journey-level professional work in the procurement of goods and services. Work may include routine purchasing functions and/or providing support for portions of complex purchasing and contracting processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews, evaluates and processes purchase requisitions using contract prices, cooperative purchasing programs and/or quotations ensuring compliance with policies and regulations for City-wide purchases; reviews and processes authorized change orders and amendments.
- Prepares, manages and maintains catalogs in support of purchasing function and contracts; monitors catalog activity and functionality; monitors order processes and workflow to ensure efficiency; updates and maintains accuracy of data.
- Provides training and guidance to customers regarding purchasing processes and systems; provides support in resolving issues and discrepancies; maintains communication with vendors and internal customers providing support and timely information.
- Reviews and analyzes purchasing data and processes; provides recommendations related to spending, payments, contracts, bid opportunities and/or process improvements.
- Provides professional support of functional activities which may include: procurement card program administration; surplus equipment disposal; request for proposal process administration; supplier records management; accounts payable verification/reconciliation; and/or other related processes.
- Prepares and maintains reports on purchase-related activities and metrics.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Administering the review and routing of new contracts, contract renewals and amendments;
- Monitoring contract compliance with policies, processes and regulations;
- Maintaining contract templates and determining required contract documentation;
- Coordinating internal department review of contracts and maintaining communication with vendors during contract terms;
- Preparing and providing training related to RFP/RFQ process and contracts administration.
- Administering the review and routing of new contracts, contract renewals and amendments.
- Serving as a lead worker, assigning work and monitoring work completion or may supervise staff including conducting performance evaluations, coordinating training, and implementing hiring, discipline and termination procedures.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or directly related field and one year of professional procurement experience involving the purchase of goods and services, preferably in the public sector.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
Licensing/Certifications: Valid North Carolina Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles and practices of program administration and management.
- Principles and applications of critical thinking and analysis.
- Principles and methods of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
- Principles and practices of procurement administration.
- Modern budget practices.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations (based on assignment).
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Administering procurement processes and monitoring program compliance.
- Gathering data, analyzing findings and applying logic and reason.
- Researching industry trends, solutions and best practices.
- Interpreting, monitoring and reporting financial information and statistics.
- Authoring and preparing original reports, documents and presentations.
- Monitoring purchasing and/or contract schedules, status and compliance.
- Organizing and maintaining program/process documentation, schedules, records and files.
- Coordinating deadlines and prioritizing competing demands.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.