Closing: 2/7/2021 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $49,240 – $66,055 annually
Perform day-to-day professional, administrative and supervisory work in managing Cumberland County’s procurement and purchasing program. Provides procurement and contracting expertise and consultation in support of all procurement needs and requirements. Ensures the application of state and local guidelines and statutes, as well as best business practices in order to protect the integrity of the procurement process while also serving the needs of customer. Requires working knowledge of local, state, federal and cooperative procurement exemption and contracting methodologies. Provides assistance to managers regarding purchasing and resolves issues with vendors and contractors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and perform purchasing and procurement duties, ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and county policies
- Develop solicitation documents to include Invitations to Bid (ITB), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other variations of solicitation documents
- Prepares and submits recommendations to the County Manager for the Board of County Commissioners documents required for bid awards
- Reviews all Purchase Orders generated for compliance with County Purchasing Policy, General Statutes, accuracy of fund obligation, capital outlay approval, and overall accuracy
- Represents county departments in dispute resolutions in reference to Purchasing and works to ensure a strong contractually guided professional business relationship with all vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants
- Performs administrative duties associated with supervising staff. Assigns and prioritizes work; establishes performance and attendance expectations; provides guidance and direction; reviews work and conducts performance evaluations
- Administer the county procurement card program to include the following: Prepare purchasing card policy and conduct purchasing card classes for county employees; review and monitor all county departments purchasing card charges; review and monitor receipts to ensure appropriateness and follows through to ensure accuracy and compliance and timely submission consistent with the county purchasing card policy.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in public administration or business and four years of experience in purchasing and accounts payable to include supervision and public sector purchasing experience.
Necessary additional requirements:
Successful completion of Basic Excel, Intermediate Excel, Basic Word and Intermediate Word tests will be required. Candidates selected as qualified will be contacted via email by a Human Resource representative to schedule testing. Make sure to check the email address provided on your application for correspondence in reference to your application. Some email servers may see correspondence as spam, so it is important to check your spam folder as well. All correspondence will also be viewable within your NeoGov inbox. When signed in, click on your name in the top right-hand corner and then inbox.
College transcripts may be submitted on-line via the attachment feature or mailed to Cumberland County Human Resources, 117 Dick St. Fayetteville, NC 28301. If selected for the position, a formal transcript will be required within 30 days of hire. Background check and negative drug test are required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures and policies of Cumberland County as such pertains to the performance of the essential duties of the Purchasing Manager.
- Skills in exercising good judgment in complex procurement issues.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures; and of state and local fiscal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply accounting principles and relevant laws and regulations to the preparation and maintenance of fiscal and accounting records and reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain moderately complex records and files, and to compile reports from such data.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and expresses ideas orally and in writing effectively.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative in applying standards to a variety of work situations.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in frequent contact with the general public and establishes and maintains effective working relationships
Inquiries about this job posting should be directed to email@example.com.