Closing: 3/12/2021 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $61,932 – $77,428 annually
The primary tasks of the Sr. Analyst include a functional role related to co-facilitating the city-wide strategic planning process with an additional emphasis of Excel analysis and a core responsibility of managing departmental budgets. Provides difficult technical and intermediate professional budget, research and strategic plan analysis work related to the planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluating the city-wide governmental operations to include all operating and capital projects.
- Work includes analyzing, reviewing and making professional recommendations for the allocation and distribution of revenues and expenditures for city departments and outside agencies.
- Providing fiscal and operational oversight throughout the year.
- Providing advice on organizational and developmental performance and productivity improvements, developing related policies and procedures.
- Ensuring departments comply with current policies and procedures.
- Being a subject matter expert in the budget financial system and maintaining that system appropriately.
- Providing direction in financial and statistical analysis, reviewing and approving department changes and supplemental appropriations.
- Acting in the absence of the Budget Director.
- Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in Social Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in government budget development or strategic planning with in a entire organization function or department/agency function .
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Applied knowledge of financial systems.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Social Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, or related field.
- Worked in a government budget office having prepared an organizational-wide budget from development stage to adoption.
- Certified in Microsoft Office specifically Excel formals/macros
- Developed and managed a strategic plan
- NC Revenue analysis and understanding