Closing: 7/30/21 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $61,932 – $77,428 annually
The primary tasks of the Sr. Analyst include 1) a functional role related to the developing the annual city-wide salary projection with an additional emphasis of monitoring position control plus 2) the core responsibility of managing departmental budgets. Provides difficult technical and intermediate professional budget, research and strategic plan analysis work related to the planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluating the city-wide governmental operations to include all operating and capital projects.
Essential Duties & Tasks:
- Work includes analyzing, reviewing and making professional recommendations for the allocation and distribution of revenues and expenditures for city departments and outside agencies.
- Providing fiscal and operational oversight throughout the year.
- Providing advice on organizational and developmental performance and productivity improvements, developing related policies and procedures.
- Providing advice and direction on the city-wide strategic plan and department business plans.
- Ensuring departments comply with current policies and procedures.
- Being a subject matter expert in the budget financial system and maintaining that system appropriately.
- Providing direction in financial and statistical analysis, reviewing and approving department changes and supplemental appropriations..
- Developing and presenting findings to a public body and facilitating work groups
- Acting in the absence of the Budget Director.
Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in Social Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance/Payroll or related field.
Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in government budget development within a entire organization function or department/agency function.
Other Requirements: Valid Driver’s License. Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Applied knowledge of financial systems.
Notes: Driving & criminal history check required. Selected candidate will also be required to complete a post-offer drug screen.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Social Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance/Payroll or related field.
- Worked in a government budget office having prepared an organizational-wide budget from development stage to adoption for more than 5 years.
- Certified in Microsoft Office specifically Excel formals/macros.
- Ability to help develop a strategic plan.
- Understanding of budgeting salary projections (taxes, health insurance, other benefits).
- Knowledge of Munis financials.