Closing: open until filled
Hiring Range: $46,584 – $60,540
Vance County is recruiting for a newly created special projects coordinator/assistant to the manager position to lead several current projects in the manager’s office. Home to Kerr Lake, Vance County is situated in Central North Carolina, along the Virginia border and just minutes away from the Wake Forest, Raleigh, Durham, and RTP areas. The County offers a variety of shopping and dining opportunities for people of all cultures, as well as entertainment that features Grammy-winning artists to local community performances sponsored by the McGregor Hall Performing Arts Center.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Special Projects Coordinator will:
- provide support to various special projects assigned by the County Manager
- oversee and facilitate implementation of capital improvement projects
- assist with oversight of county water system and other special projects
- plan, research, and evaluate current county programs and prepare written reports for use of county management
- develop and maintain effective public relations between the County and various elected bodies/committees/commissions, the media, constituency groups and the general public at large
Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in management, planning, business, or related field, and 2-5 years’ experience in project management along with some experience coordinating and building statistical data; supervisory/management experience; Masters preferred (MPA, MBA, or related) and may substitute for 2 years of experience.
Ideal Candidates will also…
- be a good communicator and versatile individual with an academic background in statistical analysis
- be tech-savvy and capable of updating the county’s website
- lead social media and public information efforts