Closing: 5/4/2021 5:00pm EST
Hiring Range: $49,643 – $71,000 annually
Performs responsible professional and administrative strategic planning and change management work designed to improve County-wide community and governmental initiatives; performs related work as required.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Strategic Initiative Manager as part of the Strategic Initiatives team within the County Manager’s Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with project management of performance improvement and community/governmental strategic initiatives;
- Assists Budget and Management Services and other stakeholders to build and sustain performance measurement/management system;
- Assists portfolios with performance management;
- Works with variety of internal and external stakeholders to develop feasible solutions to issues;
- Assists with the development of project communication and engagement strategies;
- Assists with strategic planning and strategy implementation efforts;
- Assists with innovation and continuous improvement projects and strategies;
- Identifies, researches and analyzes no and low-cost solutions to issues;
- Creates presentations and reports for the County Manager, the Board of County Commissioners and other officials as directed, including but not limited to performance, innovation and continuous improvement reports;
- Schedules meetings, maintains office records and provides clerical support for the office; and
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of the organization and functions of County government; thorough knowledge of the principles of public administration and strategic planning; strong business, analytical, planning, interpersonal and critical thinking skills; ability to analyze community and administrative issues or approaches and offer sound recommendations; ability to plan and facilitate effective meetings; ability to define objectives, assign priorities, and meet completion deadlines; ability to clearly communicate complex material in writing and verbally in a professional manner; the ability to create and make effective public presentations; ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate information and to prepare concise and informative reports; and the ability to effectively collaborate with government officials, community agencies, the general public, and others at all organizational levels.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public administration, business management or a related field and two years of professional administrative experience in government, business or non-profit sector.
Durham County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer