Closing: Open until filled, with first round of application reviews beginning 9/13/21
Salary Range: $67,024 – $93,000 annually
The purpose of this job is to is to lead and implement various high-level strategy, change and improvement initiatives for Durham County Government. Manage the strategic planning process and lead innovation efforts to build employee capacity to suggest ideas and make improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of work.
This position works independently, under limited supervision, reporting major activities through periodic meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the development and implementation of Durham County’s strategic plans; manages timeline and provides technical support and quality control to process.
- Provides internal consulting and conducts innovation activities with departments.
- Manages and oversees performance measurement/management and community and governmental strategic initiatives.
- Prepares, analyzes, reconciles and translates performance measures, benchmarking and related data into strategic recommendations and action plans.
- Champions and coordinates innovation and process improvement strategies.
- Builds capacity for change efforts within Durham County Government, such as through the County’s Facilitation Network and City-County Data Community of Practice.
- Coaches Strategic Initiative Analyst and Management Fellow, continuing to empower, mentor and assist in the development of professional skills and abilities.
- Researches and recommends strategic capacity building and resource investments needed to implement and support Managing for Results.
- Fosters and manages strategic partnerships with peer governments and other organizations; Identifies, researches and analyzes no and low-cost options;
- Manages and oversees special projects by ensuring deadlines and goals are met.
- Ensures all processes related to the preparation, review, and maintenance of assigned projects are completed with accuracy.
- Communicates change initiatives through Strategic Plan Updates, employee newsletter and other internal communication methods.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Requires a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration or related field supplemented with two (2) years of experience in strategic planning, business process mapping, management reviews/studies or related experience or a Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of experience in strategic planning, business process mapping, management reviews/studies or related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience.