Closing: March 8, 2019
Hiring Range: $50,386 – $60,463 annually
The Office of Performance and Innovation is seeking a Strategic Initiatives Analyst to execute the vision of a continuous improvement model. This position leads process improvement projects, provides analytical support for performance measurement, organizational strategic planning, and works with the Durham i-Team. This position will perform highly complex research and analytical studies in support of organizational performance and evaluation, develop and analyze performance metrics, conduct studies, prepare and present special reports providing sufficient detail to support organizational and departmental long-term planning, problem-solving, and management action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and coordinates staff and activities to ensure that process improvement initiative goals are accomplished within prescribed timeframes. This position independently facilitates complex performance improvement activities (i.e. Process Mapping), which includes leading large cross-functional process improvement teams in developing and refining systems and processes to meet key strategic objectives.
- Conducts research, evaluation and assessment of City programs. Gathers, synthesizes and analyzes data and performance metrics, including benchmarking and best practice data. Researches most effective methods of organizational operations via such sources as periodicals and literature and data / information sharing opportunities to ensure methods being used are the most current and effective.
- Review performance measures and targets in the City’s performance management software system and work with departments to evaluate and make recommendations to improve performance across the City.
- Works with reporting and analytics team in assessing, tracking and reporting the impact of process improvement projects.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of process improvement training content like process mapping (OPI Academy).
- Assists in the development and evaluation of the Citywide Strategic Plan to ensure that objective and initiatives are being moved forward across the organization.
- Consults with senior departmental managers and provides advice and counsel on management issues, organizational structure, feasibility, and the potential impact of varying courses of action; coordinates interdepartmental program elements with citywide goals.
- Promotes communication by preparing a variety of materials to disseminate program and policy information on a departmental or citywide basis on department’s behalf.
- Performs related duties including managing projects and long-term plans and reviewing established expectations for accuracy, validity and variances.
- Provides support to the Durham i-team related to organizational improvement projects like (Re)Form Durham.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts, practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with employing best practice principles in process design and continuous improvement.
- Ability to identify complex problems and related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills. Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team members.
- Ability to provide high quality work utilizing highly developed and effective communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in work product.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Development or related field, and three or more years of experience in related work or academic research and analytics training.
Additional preferred skills include experience utilizing lean or six sigma strategies as part of an organizational process improvement strategy, and experience helping to coordinate an organization’s data collection and analysis process using a performance management system.