Closing: Open until filled
Responsible for performing organization-wide evaluations and analysis of County programs, services and operations.
- Leading efforts to manage the annual Employee Climate Survey and Community Survey. Conducting analysis of the data and developing reports for the County leaders and the public
- Assisting departments with the development of strategic business plans to include reviewing goals, objectives, strategies, actions and measures. Partnering with the budget analysts and departmental fiscal staff to assist with identifying costs to achieve the goals and objectives
- Leading the annual performance review cycle that consists of conducting analysis of data and contextual information to help the County leaders understand what is occurring with regards to performance throughout the County. The individual may also assist with developing dashboards and ways to visualize the data and information out of the County’s Performance Management System
- Conducting evaluations of various programs and services commonly known as program evaluations
- Preparing and conducting presentations and reports for the County leaders
- Assisting County leaders and others on research and innovation projects to help the organization remain forward-thinking in practice and service delivery
- Working on other exciting and fun special projects as identified such as diversity management, community resource centers, health and human services integrated service delivery project, etc.
- Works with assigned departments on budget development and strategic projects to include assisting in the establishment of goals and objectives
- Participates in research and analysis projects to develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
- Researches best practices to develop recommendations for processes that increase productivity and help to reduce overall cost
- Responds to requests from County or local municipality government
- May also be responsible for managing projects aligned with the Corporate Scorecard goals (Strategic Planning & Evaluation)
- Gather and organize information about the problem to be solved or the procedure to be improved
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observations to determine the methods, equipment, and personnel that will be needed
- Analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and employment reports (Budget)
- Develop solutions or alternative practices
Experience/Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and two years of related professional experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and four years of related experience. A combination of relevant education and relevant experience will be accepted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Business English, Spelling and Arithmetic
- Overall function and responsibilities and services in assigned area
- Project management and research principles and resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Budgetary principles
- Performing statistical analysis
- Conducting research
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Facilitating Change – Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Compensation & Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary, Mecklenburg County offers a generous benefits package which greatly increases your total compensation. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short term disability, long term disability, accident, cancer, critical illness, medical bridge and pet insurance; dependent care, healthcare and commuter flexible spending accounts; health savings account; paid holiday, vacation and sick days; near site clinics for preventive care and illnesses; an employee discount program which provides discounts for retail, dining, shopping, travel, tickets and more; an employee assistance program including financial and legal counseling; access to Mecklenburg County fitness and aquatic facilities; paid family leave; tuition reimbursement; a 5% employer match on retirement savings plan contributions and a defined benefit plan for retirement.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.