Closing: 12/4/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Hiring Range: $63,523 – $72,404 annually
Performs advanced professional analysis in the review, evaluation and administration of the County’s overall operations. Conducts studies, prepares and presents senior management level reports providing sufficient detail to support organizational and departmental long-term planning, problem-solving and management actions. Provides professional support in the form of advanced analytical, communication and coordination to the County Departments. Conducts, administers and monitors grant administration with experience in fiscal management of federal, state and local grant awards. Work is performed under general supervision of the Budget and Performance Manager.
Performs organization-wide evaluations and analysis of County programs, services and operations; administers grant monitoring and reporting procedures; oversees the development and implementation of the County Strategic plan; provides consultation and facilitation to departments on strategic planning, data analysis and performance measuring/reporting; oversees the County’s third-party provider of internal auditing services by facilitating meetings, reviewing documentation and ensuring departments implement recommendations; assists with special projects.
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lead program/process improvement projects, including researching best practices, conducting fact-finding reviews, developing and analyzing alternatives, preparing reports and presenting findings and recommendations to implement sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements in order to increase productivity, reduce costs and safeguard County assets.
- Review all grants for compliance with grant documents and all reporting/reimbursement requirements. Assist departments with seeking grant opportunities and grant approvals from application to award including approval by Board of Commissioners.
- Support the facilitation of decision-making and issue resolution as required with a broad array of department leaders from across the County.
- Manages and oversees strategic initiatives and performance improvement by developing initiatives, coordinating and conducting meetings; recruiting and training individuals with varying degrees of management responsibility; creating presentations and reports for administration, management and Board of
- Manages and oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the County’s Strategic Plan.
- Provides consultation and facilitation to departments on strategic framework methodology, plan development and implementation; ensures alignment of departmental plans to countywide goals and initiatives; and coaches departments.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the County’s performance management program and supports departments through consulting, measurement selection, data analysis, performance reporting, training and coaching.
- Works collaboratively across functions to ensure Budget and Operational Plans support the Strategic Plan.
- Facilitates cross-functional teams tasked with solving problems, which span multiple departments or internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages and oversees special projects by ensuring tasks are completed, deadlines and goals are met and progress reports are submitted to management and other County administration; and ensures all processes related to the preparation, review, and maintenance of assigned projects are completed with accuracy.
- Review and test County policies and procedures to update in a timely manner.
- Perform special projects by utilizing evaluation processes and systems to extract data; ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Conduct evaluations of various programs and services and assist with tracking the effectiveness of process improvements.
- Interact with County departments by corresponding with supervisors and providing feedback and best practice recommendations.
- Facilitate change by encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Attend meetings of departments and managerial staff.
- Make presentations to the executive staff and Board on assigned projects.
- Perform related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A successful candidate will have the ability to problem-solve and analyze complex processes, operations and data; demonstrate the ability to think and communicate strategically with exceptional analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy; ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in written format with all levels of staff and management; strong ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media including presentations to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message; demonstrate the ability to facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of staff and management; ability to work across multiple County departments; demonstrate the ability to take initiative including taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive; experience planning and managing strategic initiatives; proven program and project management skills and experience; demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; ability to work independently with minimal supervision; perform complex research. Considerable knowledge of accounting, financial management, budgeting and of laws and regulations pertaining to government, including knowledge of federal, state and local grant law and grant administration with experience in grant writing.
Education and Experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, public administration or related field with a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role. Master’s in Public Administration degree and experience in local government is strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Cabarrus County selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions. Transcripts, degree evaluations and cover letters may be uploaded with your application. Applicants who obtained their education outside of the United States and its territories are expected to assume responsibility for having their academic degrees validated as equivalent to a degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.