Closing: November 13, 2015
Hiring Salary: $21.40 – $33.17 per hour (Non-exempt / Eligible for overtime)
The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Plans and carries out budget procedures; attends budget meetings and public hearings.
- Provides information on budget alternatives and recommendations to the Budget Director, County Manager, County Department Heads, County Commissioners, and to the public.
- Conducts special studies requiring data compilation; analyzes and interprets information in oral and written presentations.
- Assists department in preparing proposals and contracts, agenda items, and supporting information; explains policies and procedures; and gives advice on budget issues.
- Responsible for monitoring budgets of departments which includes giving assistance in making transfers; reviews requisitions to determine availability of funds in the budget account for the proposed purchase; and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
- Makes preliminary review for compliance with budget and administrative policy.
- Assists in liaison with agencies performing public services under contract with the County.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field and at least two (2) years of experience related to budget and research. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. The candidate selected must undergo a criminal background check and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL OR ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Minimum hazardous working conditions or normal office environment.
Qualified applicants must complete an official Gaston County employment application. Gaston County prohibits the supervision of relatives either by blood or marriage in the same department and hires only United States citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who are employed must provide proof of US citizenship or authorized alien worker status on first date of hire.