We are nearing the 1-month countdown to the much anticipated NCLGBA 2019 Winter Conference in the beautiful mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. The planning committee and board is excited to present a powerful slate of speakers and activities for our membership. We will be sending a draft agenda out next week and look forward to sharing the full details with you then. Until then please take a closer look at some exciting highlights!
- The “RAD Plan, Man” bus tour! – Join the natives in learning how Asheville is turning a vision into a reality with a tour of a massive road, greenway, stormwater, and civic space project in their local River Arts District (RAD). The tour will direct members through the unique industrial and arts district along the French Broad River and showcase their use of grants and private investment to revitalize the area. Seating is limited to twenty-two (22) spaces. Please e-mail Taylor Floyd and copy me to reserve your spot (first come, first serve).
- Networking Hot Spots – As we wind down on Thursday, get ready for an opportunity to share ideas, figure out dinner plans, or reflect on how embarrassing that one moment was for Paarth. We will be hosting a room of round-table topics ranging from City-County Relations, to Best Hiring Practices and a highly acclaimed “General” conversation table. Additionally, we will have a room dedicated to a “Speed Coaching” exercise. Ten (10) of your experienced colleagues have offered their time to sit in a room for one-on-one conversations with our members. This opportunity is for those newer members looking for career guidance and is by reservation only (first come, first serve). To sign-up please e-mail Ellenore Holbrook and copy me on the message.
Please do not forget to register for the conference and lock in your hotel rooms today! A trip to Beer City USA and the eclectic downtown Asheville scene is not one you are going to want to miss. Did I mention that we have great sponsors making plans as well? Look for an ELGL and Oracle partnered supper club when you visit the sponsor booths.
Reservations may be made via:
- Online: http://bit.ly/NCLGBA2019Winter
- Group Name: NCLGBA
- Phone: 1-844-330-0296 or 828-285-2603
- Group Code: NLG
- Start at $129/room/night
- Cut-off date is November 19, 2019
- NCLGBA 2019 Winter Conference Registration – Credit
- NCLGBA 2019 Winter Conference Registration – Check
See you in a month!
NCLGBA 3rd Vice President