Closing: August 17, 2017
Salary Range: $52,832 – $70,442 annually
The City of Greensboro has an exciting opportunity for a financial professional in the Treasury field. The Assistant Treasury Manager is responsible for maintaining the City’s cash and investment portfolio in compliance with NC General Statutes and the City’s investment policy while preserving principal and providing sufficient liquidity for short term cash needs. This individual will work in a rewarding but fast paced environment that will require the ability to prioritize, analyze, plan and report with speed and accuracy. A thorough understanding of cash controls over disbursements is essential. Responsibilities and duties include: analyzing the City’s investment portfolio to help develop strategies that will optimize yield and earnings while preserving principle; making investment purchases from eligible brokers and institutions; preparing cash flows and investment income projections for budget purposes; preparing a monthly debt service schedule and ensuring timely payment of debt service to maintain the City’s credit rating; requesting reimbursement from outside agents related to capital expenses; daily banking (including online banking involving electronic files and fund transfers) and journal entries; preparation of various funds statements and note disclosures for the Comprehensive Annual Report and additional schedules and documentation as required by external auditors; Local Government Commission reporting and serving a lead role in the bid process for the procurement of banking services. This employee is also directly responsible for the supervision and development of 5 accounts payable staff, including performance management. This job is Exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 24 hours of Accounting coursework “OR” an Associates Degree in Accounting plus 8 years of “related” experience
- 4-6 years of related experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Prior experience using MS Excel spreadsheets and other MS office software.
- NC Certified Local Government Finance Officer certification (or the ability to obtain within 3 years)
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Prior experience working with Lawson Financial Modules
- Recent supervisory experience (within the last five years)
- Prior experience in preparing schedules, tables and notes for Financial Reporting
- Prior experience with 1099-Miscellaneous processing and reporting
- Prior experience with Escheat Payment processing and reporting
- Prior experience with preparing a Request for Proposal for banking services
- Prior investment experience