Closing: March 29, 2019
Salary Range: $47,000 – $52,000 annually
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs analysis and complex administrative work in the planning, coordination, and preparation of the County’s annual operating and capital budgets
- Assists in compilation and reporting of the Alamance County Capital Plan
- Assists in forecasting revenues and expenditure projections
- Researches grant opportunities for County projects, guides submission of funding proposals, and provides oversight to administration of grants awarded to the County
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data submitted for inclusion in the operating budget
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data submitted for inclusion in the Capital Improvement Plan
- Analyzes and reviews budget expenditures and revenue estimates in order to ensure compliance with relevant laws, and policies
- Provides guidance to departments on budget issues; responds to department questions and inquiries regarding budget issues
- Assists departments to link budget requests with strategic initiatives and performance measures
- Assists with various research and analysis projects; researches issues and prepares reports of findings and recommendations
Performs other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act
- General knowledge of local government budgeting procedures, the principles of research, analysis and evaluation, and public administration.
- Proficiency with office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Tyler Munis or comparable accounting and budgeting
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field and 1 to 3 years of responsible administrative experience preferably within county government; advanced degree preferred.
Must have working knowledge of budgeting; highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills; enjoy researching and developing recommendations.