Closing: December 30, 2018
Hiring Range: $58,400 – $76,650 annually
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with assigned departments on budget development and strategic projects to include assisting in the establishment of goals and objectives.
- Participate in research and analysis projects to develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
- Research best practices to develop recommendations for processes that increase productivity and help to reduce overall cost.
- Respond to requests from County or local municipality government.
- Gather and organize information about the problem to be solved or the procedure to be improved.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observations to determine the methods, equipment, and personnel that will be needed.
- Analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and employment reports.
- Develop solutions or alternative practices.
- Recommend new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Make recommendations to management through presentations or written reports.
- Confer with managers to ensure that the changes are working.
- Work in environment that will require serving on a team of enterprise management analysts to complete major assignments.
- Provide consulting, project management, training and support to assigned agencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in government/public sector
- Thorough knowledge of principles of public administration including organization, public policy and fiscal management.
- Ability to effectively handle confidential/sensitive matters and effectively communicate orally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of financial systems and/or statistical analysis tools.
Education and Experience
Two years of related professional experience. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field; or Bachelor’s Degree in above areas and extensive progress working toward a Master’s Degree; or Bachelor’s Degree in above areas and two years of related experience.