Closing: September 20, 2019
Salary Range: $48,126 – $57,751 annually
The Budget and Management Services Department works to solve Durham’s biggest challenges. We are innovators, managing City resources like they’re our own, guiding the City’s future through strategic planning and encouraging a culture of innovation and continuous improvement through special projects, partnerships and trainings. If innovating to solve challenges drives you, too, join our team in Durham!
Responsible for assisting with developing the annual budget, to include performing routine technical analysis, research and reporting; gathering and analyzing data; monitoring budgets; preparing cost-benefit analyses; performing special projects; and analyzing information to develop conclusions and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the annual budget, to include performing routine technical analysis, research, and reporting; monitors budgets; and researches and assesses information related to programs and community needs.
- Analyzes fiscal, management and productivity information; prepares cost-benefit analyses; analyzes data and develops conclusions and recommendations.
- Prepares and reviews fiscal, technical and other documentation including reports, contracts, and agreements; and ensures accuracy and completeness of work and compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
- Performs special projects coordinates City departments and external agencies; and -analyzes and evaluates solutions/recommendations.
- Collaborates with City departments to provide analytical information; and assists with developing and recommending solutions.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, public administration, or directly related field
- One or more years of of budget, financial and/or management analysis experience
Additional Preferred Skills
- Master’s Degree (MPA, MBA) preferred
- Local government and enterprise system experience
- Knowledge of performance measurement / management, priority based budgeting, and using data to make budget decisions