Closing: September 8, 2019
Hiring Salary: $39,124 – $43,180 annually
Performs responsible administrative, technical, research and data collection work to support operating and capital budget development and a variety of engaging special projects. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Budget & Management Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with developing the town’s annual budget document and the town’s performance measurement system
- Reviews, analyzes and monitors the town’s operating budget by conducting monthly reviews of departmental revenues and expenditures and assisting with check and purchase card review and follow up
- Assists in analyzing and evaluating departmental requests for budget submissions and amendments
- Provides on-going assistance to departments and responds in a knowledgeable, courteous and professional manner.
- Attends meetings related to assigned activities.
- Participates in analytical studies and research projects and provides recommendations and feedback as requested.
- Compiles and reviews department data and trends including monthly report dashboard data review and verification
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of standard office procedures, practices and equipment;
- Thorough knowledge of the budget process; general knowledge of MS Excel; general knowledge of Town departments and their operations;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to prepare precise reports and documents;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe products.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in budgeting, finance, public administration, business administration or related field and one year of experience in a budget office or providing administrative support in accounting and/or budgeting; or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.