Closing: not listed
Salary Range: $60,382-$99,652
Produces high level, analytical work independently and in a team environment across all departments with limited daily direction. Collaborates in a fast paced, evolving environment. Manages daily variety in tasks. Adapts to change through continuous learning and empowers others through shared knowledge. Position performs responsible professional work involving budget preparation, financial and operational analysis, including project management and process improvement; communications to Town Council through staff reports and presentations, and special projects. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Financial Strategy Manager.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares operating and capital budget in accordance with state law;
- Assists departments in formulating operating and capital budget requests;
- Collaboratively conducts special analysis and develops recommendations for special areas such as fleet, employee compensation and benefits and grant funded programs;
- Forecasts revenues;
- Evaluates capital project requests and forecasts capital project spending;
- Prepares modern budget documents in accordance with state law and organizational preference;
- Drafts and/or edits staff reports directed to Town Council;
- Prepares PowerPoint and/or other such presentations directed to a variety of audiences including internal, Council and citizens;
- Collaborates with department staff throughout the organization in the development of concise and well organized written business cases, cost benefit analysis and presentations;
- Completes special studies, surveys and analytical projects for a wide range of audiences both internal and external Prepares meaningful charts and graphs to depict information efficiently for a variety of users;
- Participates in responses to budget questions from the Council and public;
- Develops and delivers training on budget preparation, process improvement and related management topics to Town colleagues;
- Maintains outstanding working relationships throughout the organization to facilitate collaboration and successful budget preparation, communication and execution;
- Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of revenue forecasting and expenditure analysis; proven ability to analyze budgets, financial information, policies and procedures and make recommendations; thorough knowledge of research techniques and sources and availability of information; strong written and oral communication skills; ability to convey written thoughts accurately and concisely in an analytical manner; demonstrate a mastery of commonly used analytical skills within Excel including formulas, VLOOKUP’s, the combination of multiple functions into a single formula, data tools, graphing and importing/exporting data to and from various sources; proven data organizational skills; ability to create spreadsheets in a manner extending beyond single use and ability to demonstrate a high degree of Excel proficiency.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree required. Degree focus in business administration, public administration, management science, or a related field preferred but not required. Must have considerable experience in finance or budget administration. Position requires a mastery of ability to be organized and systematic in completing work; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department directors, supervisors, and employees of all capacities.
A master’s degree in business administration, public administration or related field is helpful, but experience may serve as a substitute.
Experience with Salesforce and SAS is preferred. Understanding of systems such as Power
BI, Box, Office 365 and SharePoint is desirable.
Requires drug testing and background check (which may include criminal check, education verification and credit history review) prior to employment.